I’m a big old grouch today. Ask my Mom. I just whined through an entire conversation with her.
I’m trying to be positive, bubbly, happy-go-lucky as much as possible because I like myself better that way. No purpose is served by being negative. But today I’m tired, school was a disaster, I’m stressed and I just want to be a grouch.
- I slept funny last night and have a giant kink in my back.
- I have no food in the house and I already took off my bra so I’m NOT going grocery shopping.
- I started packing for my weekend away and realized that I’m out of pantyhose.
- I need a roommate or a second job to be fiscally comfortable.
- I hate that I work full time and make decent money and still need a roommate or second job.
- I don’t want a roommate.
- I just ran out of laundry detergent.
- I miss my sister.
- I haven’t been able to get warm for two days and my hands are solid ice blocks.
The list could go on.
I’m not usually stressed about these things. I love my job and the occasional crazy day is just an accepted part of it. I have can have toast and scrambled eggs for dinner. I can pick up pantyhose on the way home tomorrow. I am financially fine even if I am not going to be going on any nice holidays anytime soon. I’ll get the laundry detergent when I get the pantyhose. I can have a bath and warm up my hands (if only for a few minutes).
All of these “problems” are totally silly and totally first world. I’m fully aware. But telling myself this just makes me grumpier.
My skin is crawling, I’m feeling a little nuts, and I just want to have a good cry. Crazy-girl-syndrome much? (I swear that I’m not often like this!!!).
I have a wonderful home. I have food. I have family and friends. I know that I have it better than many, many, many people on the planet.
Regardless. I’m a grouch at the moment and I’m not sure how to fix it. I’m sure I’ll wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow morning.
In the meantime: what do you do to cure a bad mood???